OK, so I had this idea a couple days ago (well actually it's been in the works for quite some time now)...I want to start exercising again and lose some weight. There are several reasons:
1. I'm sick of buying new clothes every couple of months when I outgrow my old ones. It's too expensive, not to mention I hate shopping!
2. I feel tired and weak ALL the time. Exercising will make me stronger and give me more energy.
3. Most of all, I miss that body I worked so hard for after Owen was born two years ago. I was down to my pre-marriage size. Somehow I lost it...and now I want it back!!!
Like I said, I have been thinking about this for a long time and not doing anything about it, mainly because it is so hard to get motivated enough to start. It requires a lot of thought in planning meals, writing down what I eat, and avoiding my usual pitfalls when it comes to junk food. And, that first workout is always killer, not to mention the pain that follows. Exercising is also hard with my kids. They don't always like it when I spend an hour exercising, and make it even more difficult than it needs to be.
So, my idea was to start another blog completely devoted to journaling about my diet and exercise goals and progress. It's a little intimidating putting it out there for all to see, but I think this will help me. Peer pressure can be a good thing!
Every day, I write a new post. First, I include my daily weight (not the best way to track overall health, but still a reference point). Then I list all the food I've eaten with calorie AND point values for each. I write what exercise I did and any other insights I've gained. I'll also include links to low fat recipes that I've come up with, and helpful tools for weight loss online.
Journaling is a very powerful tool in any endeavor. My new blog is mostly for my benefit, but maybe it will help someone else gain the confidence to do something similar in their own life. If I can do it, anyone can!
Here's the link: www.sharpweightloss.blogspot.com
5 comments:
I just started reading The Twilight Saga, and can I say I am HOOKED! I am on the last book right now.
Way to go! Hope it works well for you!
good luck with the challenge. i bet you can do it and look great, too!
Becky you sound just like me. And boy do I miss the old me. Maybe I will follow your lead and do a blog too. Don't forget to put measurments down b/c sometimes when you are working out you will lose inches and not pounds. Good luck to you. We can help motivate each other!
Thanks everyone!
Cherie'-Starting the blog has made ALL the difference in getting me motivated. You should definitely do it! Oh, and I plan on doing measurements once a week to track my progress as well. Your right about the pounds not always coming off. But I'll take muscle over fat any day!!!
Post a Comment