Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting ready for school

I would say "Back to School", but seeing as this is Ethan's first year, that doesn't really fit. Tomorrow, he will go to kindergarten for the very first time! He attended part-time preschool in Massachusetts, but this is entirely different. Now, Ethan will get on a bus and go to school all by himself for almost 8 hours a day, 5 days a week! And, among other things, he will learn how to play the violin. I was so excited to find out that the school offers Suzuki violin lessons. We met the teacher last week and signed him up. It also gave me a good excuse to dig my violin out of the closet and take it to the shop to get it in playable condition. I am ashamed to say that it has been a LONG time since I played it. After school tomorrow, we will go back to the violin shop to pick mine up, and rent a small violin for Ethan. I think I am more excited about violin lessons than the fact that he is starting kindergarten tomorrow.

Since the camping trip two days ago, Ethan keeps waking up with kind of a nasty dry cough, which worries me. I'm hoping that a little Tylenol and a humidifier tonight while he sleeps will clear it all up so that he doesn't have to miss his very first day of school. What miserable timing!

In preparation for school, we visited his classroom, met his teachers, and filled out all the paperwork last week. We've purchased all of Ethan's school supplies. This morning I gave him his official school haircut, since he was getting pretty shaggy. Owen also got his haircut, because he was a shag-a-muffin too. They both look like they are ready for boot camp now. I might have gotten a little too clipper happy. I will take some pics tomorrow of Ethan's first day. In the meantime, here are the "before" and "after" pics for the haircuts.







3 comments:

Ariana said...

Give him some honey on a spoon....that always helps me if I have a cough/sore throat. Hope he has fun at school! Violin lessons too?? Holy cow! That's awesome!!!

Marg said...

So proud of the little hikers and their Daddy! Kindergarden is going to be so great for Ethan--hope they have AP-classes to keep him challenged!

Duncan said...

That Owen has the cutest smile ever!