Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Mullet Lives On

For years I have pestered my mom for not cutting my hair when I was little. While looking at old photos, our conversation would go something like this:

ME: "Mom, why didn't you cut my hair?"

MOM: "I don't know, I guess we hoped that the top would catch up with the back."

ME: "I had a mullet! I looked like Benjamin Franklin!"





Well, now I have my own daughter. And as you can see from the above collage, her hair bears a striking resemblance to my hair at that age. She is cursed with the mullet! I mentioned this to my mom and you know what she said?

MOM: "Becky, why don't you cut her hair?"

ME: "Well...um...hmmm...I don't know."

But after thinking about it, the real reason is that Alivia won't even let me get near her head with a bow or a clip, let alone scissors! I fear for her life, and mine for that matter. I can imagine what that haircut would look like.

So, the mullet remains for now. I'm not sure how long I'll let it grow before I finally tie her down and chop it off. But until then, every picture I take of her will be one more reason for her to pester me when she's older. I guess having kids really is payback.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Becky, I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Benjamin Franklin was an attractive man. That haircut knows no gender.

Besides, when you're as adorable as Alivia, you can rock any look.

I'm laughing at the similarity though!

Duncan said...

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Aaaahahahaha! My sides hurt! Cut the poor girl's hair, Bec!

Katie said...

Seriously funny! You two do look alike!
Thanks for the laugh!

Sandra said...

Well, what can I say? It's in our genes to have mullets in our family.

Thanks for the laugh Beck.

Mom

lowrain said...

Very funny blog. She is so cute. When you are the Mom you don't notice the things your kids will notice later in Pictures. You just love 'em, don't you?
What a good Mom you are
Marilyn Bostwick