1. Being single and dating. (Ugh. Enough said.)
2. Going through college with kids. (There's a reason why people usually go to college BEFORE they get married.)
3. Moving from state to state and rental to rental. (Let's just say I hope I NEVER see another moving box.)
4. Being pregnant and then being up all night with newborn babies. (I'm pretty sure we are done with that phase...crossing fingers.)
5. Wondering where we will "end up". (I hate uncertainty.)
Not that I don't appreciate those times in my life for what they have taught me and where they have taken me. As the saying goes, I wouldn't be where I am today without those experiences. But I have to admit that it feels good to finally be starting a new phase of life, one that feels a little more stable (if such a thing exists). I guess there's always the chance things could change again, but for right now, I feel settled. For someone like me, that's very important. I am not an adventure seeker, or a world traveler. I like being at home, with my family, and having a stable routine. And now that we are here in South Carolina, with a great job, a new home, and three growing kids, life feels pretty darn good.
Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving festivities:

3 comments:
Hi, Bec and crew! had a great day/weekend and am almost ready to go back to work! I like your list of things you're thankful for. Being settled is nice! Enjoy, little sister!
Settled is always good! The different stages/phases of life create their very own type of adventure. Those are the adventures that seem the most fun!
Love your list of things you are thankful for. Your Thanksgiving looks like it was full of fun!
I, too, like your list. We have a lot in common. I like a routine and don't desire to be a world traveler. As Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" says, "There's no place like home."
Your turkey looks delicious. Way to go Dustin!
Post a Comment