Monday, January 9, 2012

Painting with the kids and other stuff

I have been painting quite a bit lately with watercolors. Usually the kids want to join in on the fun, which is fine with me! Although, it does get a bit messy. I might be slightly biased, but I think they all show real talent! I think I'll scan in some of their paintings and post them soon.

The weather has also been really nice so far this winter. So we have had extra opportunities to be outside enjoying it! Owen recently learned to ride his bike without training wheels. He zips around like Speed Racer. And it's a good thing he wears a helmet, because he has his fair share of crashes. I think sometimes he does it on purpose. He is by far our most reckless child. I fear what crazy stunts he will pull as he gets older.


Alivia's feet finally reach the peddles on her tricycle, though she is still trying to figure out how to push them. The day of these photos was fairly warm, and she really didn't need the warm fuzzy hat and gloves on. Nevertheless, she insists on wearing them all the time, even in the house! She calls them her "pink thumbs", which I find adorable.



Here's some shots of Bubba, just because I think he is the coolest cat ever. And I love how in order to get the detail in his black fur to show up in pictures, the background always has to be totally overexposed.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Wow, what fun. I can't wait to join you.

Mom

P.S. Bubba is a cool cat. He's lucky you came along. He might still be living in that pet store.