I know it was pretty cold this morning, because I walked to my friend's house in the freezing rain for our Saturday morning yoga session. She said, "I heard it's supposed to snow this weekend." Yeah right, I thought. It's still September, at least for a few more hours. But lo and behold, I looked out our front window around 4 pm, and there it was! I had mixed emotions. My first thought was, "OH NO, the garden, the tomatoes, the flowers are RUINED!" The kids, on the other hand were overjoyed to see the fluffy white flakes falling from the sky. So instead of bemoaning the fact that our tomatoes just barely started ripening, I pulled out the camera and ran outside.

This made Ethan's day.


I couldn't get him to go inside, even though it was freezing and we were both wet!

Owen just got to observe from inside the house, although for a moment I thought he was going to jump out the open window.


Our poor zinnias and gerber daisies...but still very beautiful.
If this is any indication of what our winter is going to like, I don't think I'm ready. In fact, what happened to autumn? Two weeks ago it was 100 degrees here. Oh well, I should be grateful for the moisture, which we didn't have a lot of this summer. And what's better than seeing your 4-year-old gleefully run around the yard shouting "Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh!!! It's SNOWING!!!!!"
2 comments:
I can't believe you guys got snow! That's soooo not fair. *sulking*
Leah
Heidi ho--
I love the cute look Ethan has on his face running thru the snow! So are those the little gerbera daisy plants you got at Walmart on the clearance rack? It's cool that your flowers did so well--it really perks up the house! Thanks for doing your blog and checking in on Skype every now and then--it sure makes for feeling a bit more connected!
love, Mom Sharp
Post a Comment