Friday, June 11, 2010

Ethanisms

Sometimes Ethan says the most interesting things. A lot of it has to do with the fact that he can read now. For example:

The other day, the boys were playing in the family room while I was getting ready for the day. When I came out of my room, I saw several empty fruit snack bags scattered all over the floor. They love fruit snacks. Rather than get upset about the kids eating half the box, I simply said, "Ok, I think you guys have had enough fruit snacks for one day." Ethan replied excitedly, "But Mom! They have 100% of your DV Vitamin C!!!" Sure enough, that was stated right on the front of the box. All I could do was smile at my intelligent son.

Ethan is also a peacemaker. He hates confrontation with his brother and his friends, even though they often try to provoke him. An example:

There is a girl Ethan's age visiting our next door neighbors. She and Ethan have been playing together a lot this week. We were all at the pool when she and Ethan started having a heated discussion about what game to play in the pool. It went on and on like this for about 10 minutes. I think she was trying to boss him around a little bit. Ethan tried his best to keep his cool, but she wouldn't stop arguing. Finally Ethan shouted, "Can we just stop fighting so we can PLAY!?" If only everyone in the world felt that way...

2 comments:

Marg said...

That's my Ethan!

Sandra said...

A peace maker, just like his mom!

Mommy Oehrig