Saturday, July 24, 2010

31


It's Dustin's birthday today. 31 is looking pretty good on him! Happy birthday Duster!

It also happens to be pioneer day, the day we celebrate and honor the early members of our church who crossed the plains to Salt Lake City. It was fun when we lived in Utah, because July 24th is a state holiday. So, Dustin always got his birthday off of work. Luckily, today is Saturday, so he didn't have to work anyway. But, he has been busy all day. First, he woke up early to go help clean the church. Then, he went with the boys to an activity at church where the kids reenacted the trek across the plains using toy wagons, dolls, etc. They crossed rivers of baby pools and endured 100 degree weather in the scorching sun. It sounds miserable! Not too different than what the pioneers endured during the summer months, I'm sure. Thanks for going Dustin!

Now Dustin is shopping with the boys for ingredients for tonight's menu. I'm making my homemade spaghetti with 4-cheese Italian sausage. Yum! And we are baking Dustin's favorite dessert ever...a New York style cheesecake, made with only 2.5 lbs of cream cheese. Double yum! And hopefully somewhere in there, Dustin will get a much earned nap.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Considering I saw Dustin on the trek and at Walmart, I feel like a real mean friend!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTIN!

You and Alivia missed out on the awesome heat this morning! Enjoy the cheesecake!!

Janie said...

You're killing me with the food!! I LOVE food. Save me some :)

I never met you but Happy Birthday Dustin.

Katie said...

Wow, Dustin is one lucky guy! Cheese cake is one of my very favorites!

Happy Birthday Dustin!

Brian said...

Yum! Bring on the cheesecake!