Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Funny Horse

Every time we drive down to the house, we pass by this pasture. And on several occasions, we have seen this horse chewing on her fence posts. The first time we saw her, we all thought it was the funniest thing. The horse stands with her back legs outstretched and her head forward. And she opens her mouth as wide as she can to get a good mouthful of wood. We're not sure what she is up to. Either she is trying to stage a prison break, or she's part beaver. Whatever the case, the kids and I look forward to seeing her every time we drive past. I finally pulled the car over last week to snap some pictures. When I got out of the car, the horse stopped chewing and just stared at me for the longest time. Then she went back to her business, just chomping away.

1 comment:

Sam said...

If I remember correctly, that behavior is called cribbing, and it's actually sorta like scratching an itch of some sort. Trainers don't like it but I'm not sure if it indicates anything negative.