As you know, I am a perfectionist when it comes to my homemade chocolate chip cookies. I love to bake them; I love to consume them. Well, I made some the other night, and couldn't believe it: after baking two dozen to a perfect golden brown, I forgot about the last dozen in the oven. I was happily watching reruns of "Scrubs" downstairs when the "aroma" of burnt cookies came drifting down. I figure I left them in for a total of about 45 minutes! Those cookies never had a chance. :( So I ran upstairs, grabbed them out of the oven and set the whole cookie sheet out on our concrete step in the cold. Needless to say, the house smelled like burnt cookies all night. Actually, I could have played a nice trick on someone and told them they were double chocolate cookies. At least I didn't burn the house down.

5 comments:
sounds like you bake like I cook on the grill , hope you are alll doing well we miss you guys.
Oh dear how sad! I was so glad to hear from you. We will have to keep in touch through the blogging world. Hope all is well!
There is something about the last sheet of cookies in the batch.... I burn them every time. I forget to set the timer and forget to check on them, etc etc. I think it's the cosmic cookie forces.
I cannot leave the kitchen at any time while I am cooking or I get distracted and never return...until something is burning. One day I was melting butter and returned, luckily in time to see a three foot flame and put it out before it damaged anything or anyone. It scared me how a giant fire was just around the corner and my house was completely silent and smoke free. Anyway, you're not the only one.
At least it was the last batch and not them all. You still had 2 dozen perfect cookies to eat!
Post a Comment