Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Never Paint Wallpaper
If anyone thinks that painting over wallpaper is a good idea, think again! I have spent probably 15 hours of my life scraping wallpaper out of a small closet that had been painted over several years ago. I perforated the surface and then soaked it several times with DIF wallpaper remover and it barely loosened it at all. I basically had to use a sharp scraper and and a lot of elbow grease to get that stuff off. And I'm still not done! Argh. There is even painted wallpaper on the ceiling! So, I will probably spend another two hours scraping the ceiling and then scrubbing adhesive off every wall until it is clean enough to patch all the holes, sand the plaster, prime and paint the darn thing. This is why I have left this project for very last...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh, Bec! I am so sorry! This kind of thing is what makes me want to buy a newly built house. You don't have to fix other people's bad fix ups.
Bleh! Who wallpapers a ceiling!? Jeff used to work at Timp Rental in Orem....I think they had some kind of steaming machine to help take off wallpaper.
Becky, I watched a show on HGTV where they used a steamer type thing to remove wallpaper. It worked really well! If you are by ANY chance still working on that you should look online at their website and find out what that tool was because it was REALLY easy when they did it.
Good luck!
Post a Comment