The other day we had Family Home Evening for the first time in...well, I think it was actually the second time ever. We really are going to try to be better. Anyway, the lesson I gave was about how much Heavenly Father loves us. We talked about how He gave us our sense of smell and sight and taste so that we can enjoy so many things. I held up some candy and asked Ethan why Heavenly Father gave us things that taste good. He thought about it for a second and then said:
"To rot all of our teeth out. THAT'S why God gave us chocolate."
I think we have scared Ethan sufficiently about eating too much candy after Halloween last week. Then we let them paint with the beautiful colors God gave us: finger paints! It was a mess, but the kids enjoyed it immensely. Here are the messy kids in action:




4 comments:
Way to go Ethan! He cracks me up!
Our FHE are like 5 minutes, sometimes 3. PS your camera is awesome!!
our FHE's are short and to the point. i guess since brennan is getting older we should do more.
hmm...and about chocolate. let it rot my teeth out!
Glad you all still have the little art aprons--looks like they came in handy! At least Ethan understands cause and effect! love, Grandma
Post a Comment