
The kids had a great time trick-or-treating on Friday night. We drove a 1/2 hour to a neighborhood where a bunch of our friends from church live. It is a very popular Halloween destination. I'd say that most of houses were decorated. And there were literally hundreds of trick-or-treaters with their families walking around. There was even a cop directing traffic at the entrance! It was a reminder of how Halloween is supposed to be, how it was when I grew up (minus the cop). We haven't had a Halloween like that in a long time. Ethan's bag got so heavy that I had to carry it for him on the last few houses. And we only went to half of the houses! Owen did really well, too. He even left his costume on the whole time. And he overcame his fears of the spooky yard decorations and giant blow-up pumpkins to knock on doors. It was really cute to see him tagging along with Ethan with his mousy bottom wiggling as he ran.
Saturday night was our ward Halloween party. We had great fun there, as well. There was a pot luck dinner, games for the kids, dancing, and MORE CANDY. We now have candy to hand out for the next three Halloweens. I'm not even joking.
I was happy when people guessed Ethan's costume right. Some thought he was a dinosaur. But I spent two days sewing that thing to look like Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba! Any of you who have little kids probably know what I'm talking about. Here's some pics of the kids in their costumes:
Mousy Owen

Brobee Ethan


6 comments:
How fun!!!! I wish I could have tagged along with them. Thanks for sharing so I can enjoy it long distance Bec.
Love, Mom
P.S. Didn't Scott's mom pass out toothbrushes one year? And remember the guy at the "mansion" who passed out full size candy bars? And when you got home, Dad would ask you kids what you didn't like and then you would gave him the candy you didn't want.
My kids totally love that show. Katie will sing and dance with them, its cute. And I knew who he was as soon as I saw the costume, but I didn't know that name :)
Becky, Your Dad thinks you should take a picture of all the "loot" and post it. You know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."
By the way, that's a neat costume you made. Thanks for posting a picture of the character for those of us who didn't have a clue as to who that is. (No little kids at home anymore).
Mom
So cute! (glad you left out the unibrow hahaha)
Your Yo Gabba costume looks GREAT! Good job!
Wow! Way to go with the Brobee costume. That's awesome.
Post a Comment