The kids had fun again, enjoying the bulldozer and playing in the dirt. And I met a few more neighbors. They are all curious, so they drive by to see what's going on. Then they get out of the car or roll down the window to chat with me. Everyone I've talked to seems genuinely pleased to have a new family move in. I learned that ours is the first new house to be built in the last 25 years! And we bought the only lot that hasn't been built on up until now. There's only about 20 homes in the neighborhood, and everyone seems to be very close. I'm excited to get to know everyone even better!
On Friday, I also went to the elementary school and got the boys registered for class this fall. The school looks great. And, they offer Montessori classes! I'm so excited about that! I think it will really benefit our kids. This August seems so far away, but I know this summer will zip by. Hopefully we will be in the house long enough to get settled before school starts.
Well, that's pretty much it for now. We were hoping to spend all day at the lot today with a hacksaw, cutting down small trees and clearing undergrowth. And the footing guys were scheduled to come today if it didn't rain. But guess what? It rained ALL day. So nothing happened. I better get used to that. I'm sure this won't be the last time we get rained out.

3 comments:
We love Montessori. Theron and I do a infant parent class currently and I have registered him for a toddler class come fall. My mum was a Montessori teacher's aide and so she raised me with many of those ideas in mind.
I am so excited for you guys... building your own home!
You'll have to set up a tent for Alivia to take her naps in!
It is amazing the progress that can happen in 4 short days.
Sounds like you will have awesome neighbors as well as a wonderful school system!
Can't wait to see the continued progress!
Post a Comment