Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 8


We're one week into construction. But as you can see from the above pictures, not much construction is going on. It started raining on Saturday and didn't stop until Tuesday. Even though the sun was shining when I snapped these pics yesterday, the lot was pure mud. The boys and I just about lost our shoes! And since the footings can't be poured until the ground dries enough, we might be waiting a while. It started raining again today and the forecast doesn't show it letting up until this weekend. :( The superintendent called me this morning and said that if it is dry enough on Saturday, they can dig the holes and then pour the footings Monday. Here's hoping! Once the footings are in, he said that the wet ground won't hold things up at all.

I was excited to see to see this upgrade to the lot:

Now Ethan and Owen won't have to go in the bushes anymore when we visit. :)


I also thought it would be nice to introduce you to one of our new neighbors:


Meet Sadie. She lives next door and has the run of the neighborhood. She visits us every time we come around. So far she likes to keep her distance, but is too curious to stay away. She'll sniff my hand and then retreat if I try to touch her.

Also included in the collage is one of the prettiest trees on the lot, a flowering dogwood. I almost didn't mark it to be saved, because it didn't have the flowers until the day clearing began. I'm so glad I saw it before it was too late! It is a cute little tree. And despite several dogwoods in the neighborhood, it seems to be the only one on our lot. I think there may have been others growing right where the house will sit, so they got pulled down the very first day.

Now the waiting begins! Stay tuned for updates as things progress.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That blasted rain always ruins everything! :) We are wet here as well. I am ready to see the sun, but looks like it will be another week yet. Depressing! :(

Your dogwood tree is beautiful! I love dogwoods! Glad you were able to save it!
We will pray for dry land so we can continue to have fun with the daily updates on your new home!

Sandra said...

We're drowning out here too. When it finally dries out your house will go up quickly.

I'm with Katie. We can't wait to see the updates on construction.

Mom and Dad