
This is my birthday present from Dustin! We drove two hours to Sheffield, MA to pick up my new glass kiln. We could have ordered it from their website, but it cost the same in gas as shipping would have. And, we got to go on a fun road trip through a very scenic and beautiful part of Massachusetts. Although, not so fun when Ethan threw up all over himself in his car seat...but that's another story.
If any of you are wondering what a glass kiln is, it's basically a very hot oven that melts and fuses pieces of glass together. I plan on expanding my jewelry making to include fused glass pendants and earrings. Eventually, I will try doing some glass plates or coasters or something. The possibilities are endless, really. Thank you Dustin!!! I love you!
And, by the way, I turn 31 tomorrow. Blah! But at least I get fun presents. :)

9 comments:
Cooooool! Happy Birthday!!!
I can't wait to see the beautiful creations that come out of your new kiln!
Mom
Holy hand grenades. Cool present!! Err hot. :)
How big is this thing? Can your kids trap themselves inside and suffocate? Sorry for the morbid thought...just wondering if it has safety features.
The kiln is only about 15 inches in diameter and 8 inches high on the inside, so not too big. Plus, the room I have it in has a gate in the doorway that the kids can't open.
Oh! It was next to the door and it looked like it was about four feet high. I was picturing the kids climbing into it to hide or something. Glad it is a safe addition to your household.
Yay! I am so excited for you and happy birthday!! I can't wait till I have pictures to make into that cool necklace you made for Sue!
Becky - That is super awesome. Happy birthday!
That is really neat! Happy Birthday to you!!!!
Post a Comment