All day Ethan was SO excited about his party. He kept asking if we could decorate. So I bought some red and blue balloons and streamers and we put them up in our living room. It was really cute to see him help blow up the balloons. And when his friends came over at 6, they had fun blowing up ALL the balloons and playing with them outside. Dustin had picked up some little glow-stick bracelets as well. Somehow, a few of them broke open. We had glowing goo dribbling all over. Some of the kids had it in their mouths. (It's non-toxic supposedly.) I quickly snatched the broken ones and threw them away. It was funny later that night to see our white garbage can glowing green and pink in the dark. And Ethan received some new toys, of course! It was a fun night, and the cake was yummy (if I do say so myself).
The birthday boy.

The candles.

Make a wish!

The cake.

The presents.
4 comments:
isn't it funny how children decide it is NOT a birthday with decorations? brennan is the same way.
Happy birthday Ethan! J wishes he could have made it. D misses her Bec. :(
The cake was a homemade red velvet cake from an America's Test Kitchen recipe...it took a WHOLE BOTTLE of red food coloring! It tasted devine, though, especially with the 1" thick cream cheese icing! Ethan is a very sweet 5 year old now--that can ride his two-wheeler by himself! I love him and his family very much!
Happy Birthday Ethan-I can't believe you can already ride your bike without training wheels!
Post a Comment