Thursday, March 5, 2009


I just wanted to say: Yippie! I have my car back. We hadn't been able to start it for over a month. Dustin tried everything he could think of to get it running. We installed a new battery, new spark plugs & spark plug wires, a coolant temp sensor...but it just wouldn't start! We finally had it towed two days ago to a local shop. Ironically, it started right up for them after they cleared the codes from the computer. Dustin had cleared the codes several times this month, but may have forgotten to after he installed the temp sensor last week. These computerized cars won't start if there is a code that indicates an unsafe condition, i.e. some very important part has been removed from the engine and replaced. I guess if you disconnect something and install a new part, you have to clear the codes, otherwise the car doesn't "know" that it has been fixed. Argh! So we went and paid $50 for something Dustin could have done for free...not to mention all the money spent on troubleshooting the problem. All in all, it was still cheaper than taking it to a shop right off the bat.

Needless to say, I drove my car tonight for the first time in over a month. I didn't realize how much I missed it until my heated seats started to warm my buns. I went to Curves to work out, then went to Walmart to pick up a few things. I thoroughly enjoyed the drive by myself, and turned up my stereo as loud as I wanted to, relishing the return of freedom!

2 comments:

Ariana said...

You have bun warmers? Nice! I always thought those were silly until this winter....it was dang cold!! Could have used some bun warmers. Poor Preston would be cold when we got in the car so I got in the habit for awhile of heating up and bringing his rice bag to keep him toasty. Then I wished I had my own! :)

volleyballluver said...

Haha Becky! I miss you guys so much! You crack me up! :)