So, after a much needed workout at Curves this morning, I took the boys to a friend's birthday party at 11. I dropped them off and hung out with a couple of my girlfriends for two hours at the mall. We looked at clothes and ate lunch in the food court. I felt like a teenager all over again. Then I went to pick up the kids, only to find them wet and covered in mud, which is fine. I expected nothing less. It was a pirate themed party, so they all had these fake foam swords and bandannas wrapped around their heads. They were sword fighting outside in the snow. And they came home with a load of candy "loot" that they had found during their treasure hunt. They had such a good time, as did I.
This afternoon, Dustin worked on the cars, replacing all the old degraded tubing and hoses. And the kids went outside again when we got home from the party. They proceeded to run through all the puddles and completely soak their snow boots. (The last time they did that, it took a week for the boots to dry out...here we go again.) And I think I changed muddy pants at least three times today. But I didn't mind. I realized it's been ages since I posted any pictures, so I armed myself with the camera and went outside to capture all the excitement. Even the cats got in on the fun.









4 comments:
I am so excited for Spring as well. It is my favorite season. You sound so incredibly busy, I'm glad I finally got around to updating myself on your blog--I forget about these sometimes. Just like I forget about my own :O) Mostly, I just wanted to say "Hi" and that your boys are still awesome and adorable as ever, and that you inspire me to start doing more myself. Yay for busy moms! Later, doll. -Kristin
Yay some warmness!! I got my bareroot fruit trees planted yesterday, so I am pretending that Spring might come one day. It's been slowly warming up (with a few freakishly warm days thrown in just to tease us all). We are renting a sod cutter on Saturday to peel away a spot for a garden. I love the "end in sight" part of winter!
Awwwww...I miss those boys!! They are so cute! Oh and I miss you and Dustin and the cats!!! We really need to come visit!
Hooray! I pray for many, many more warm days for you!
Post a Comment