Monday, May 3, 2010

Ethan's Message

On our trip to the playground the other day, Ethan decided that he wanted to write a message in the wood chips. So he took a stick and scraped the words "I LOVE YOU". I saw it and said, "Ethan, you are so sweet to write me a message!" So I took a picture, beaming inside because my thoughtful 6-year-old wrote me such a lovely message.



Then he told me it was for his girlfriend from school. Oh...

His girlfriend rides on his bus and is in first grade...an older woman no less! Actually, Ethan claims that he has TWO girlfriends at school. I'm not sure how he manages that. Anyway, he took his stick and scraped "Hannah" under "I LOVE YOU". Then he thought for a minute and decided to write "By ETHAN" so she would know it was from him.



He thought about it some more and said, "Mom, what if there is another girl named Hannah in our neighborhood that also has a friend named Ethan and she thinks the message is for her?" I said, "I don't know, I guess the other Hannah will think it is for her." But Ethan knew how to solve the problem. He took the stick and wrote his bus number after his name so there would be no confusion as to which Ethan this message was from.



Hmmm, I guess I've been replaced.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Ethan, you are awesome! My condolences to you, Becky over the replacement ;)

If memory serves me right, Hannah has been at the top of his crush list for awhile now. So sweet, so loyal!

I'm just celebrating that I have access to your blog! Consider yourself blog stalked!

Becky Sharp said...

I was going to send you an invite when it was private! It was on my to do list. But, I figured this was easier for everyone. So tired of people not being able to see my blog. Maybe this will motivate me to post a little more often...

Sandra said...

Tell Ethan that his Grandpa had girlfriends in 1st grade too. He's always liked girls! And now I'm his favorite girl and only one.

Mom

Duncan said...

It is a sad day.