On Monday, we dropped Dustin off at work and then headed to the lot to see the finished brick work. When we got there, the grader had already finished back filling the dirt against the foundation wall and inside the garage. He had also pulled out the crushed driveway pipe and was busy installing the new cement one. The old pipe was thrashed. It's amazing the damage caused by heavy trucks driving over sharp rocks. I guess the plastic pipe was not meant for shallow installations.
Here is the view from the street just about centered on the house. The garage is on the right.Alivia and Owen had a good time playing with their new neighbor friends until it was time to drive all the way back home to pick up Ethan from the bus. Ethan has felt really left out of this whole process. Normally we go visit the house site only while he's at school. It makes him really mad that he has to be in school while we are having all the fun. In his words, "School ruins everything!" So this time, we took him with us and went back. We had to pick up Dustin later anyway. And, the little neighbor girl had invited us to come back and run through the sprinklers with her.
We arrived to find that the lumber had been delivered while we were gone. Framing was scheduled to start today, Day 23. I'm going to the house tomorrow to takes pics of framing progress. I can't wait to see our floor plan take shape!
In the above picture, Alivia is standing on what will be the entrance to the crawlspace. It's at the front left corner of the house.
The kids didn't waste any time turning the site into their own personal playground. Our new neighbor informed us that her little girl sat on their front porch all afternoon waiting for us to return. I thought that was so cute! So after a few pics, the kids got suited up for more fun. Alivia didn't want much to do with the water, even though she was loving it! She got just close enough to get misted and then ran away giggling.
It was a great day, because it was a taste of things to come as we enjoy spending time with our new friends in a great neighborhood! I feel like Mr. Rogers will coming walking up the street any moment singing, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..."
3 comments:
What a great post. I wish that I could be there to enjoy the process. Your blog is the next best thing to being there though. Sprinklers! It's 50 degrees here. Wow. We are still wearing coats, having the furnace on and sleeping in flannel sheets. I'm jealous.
Mom
That's why you need to move to South Carolina Mom! Warm and sunny all year long. There's one more lot for sale in our neighborhood. :)
What is the asking price for it? I'm tempted!
Mom
Post a Comment