Thursday, April 21, 2011

Inspiration

Here's some photos I have collected over the last year that have inspired my home design and color choices.

I absolutely love this living room for the built in bookshelves and fireplace. Dustin will be building some similar bookshelves flanking our fireplace. Photo from homepatterns.com.


I love these big fat columns and the front porch on this home. We will have almost the same columns built on a brick base. Photo from homepatterns.com.


Another example of a mud room bench. I would like to have a similar small bench and coat hooks by our back door as well.


We are installing wainscoting in our dining room (music room) with almost these exact same colors. Beautiful!


This picture was the inspiration for our front entry, with an open coat closet/mud area. I love the cozy, casual feeling it creates. We are not formal people by any means, and wanted our home to reflect that. Photo from bungalowcompany.com.


This is a sketch I did, awhile back, based on the above photo. This loosely represents what our front entry and living room will look like.

2 comments:

The Windy City Duo said...

Gorgeous... will you design my home?

Catherine said...

I agree will you design the interior of our future dream home?